I usually garnish this dense chocolate torte with handmade chocolate raspberry truffles. However, as a tribute to the Louisiana strawberry, or any strawberry for that matter, I decided to chocolate dip the berries and line the perimeter of the torte with these dazzling jewels. Sometimes I make mini tortes in a 6” pan or a heart shaped pan. Great gift for the chocolate lovers in your life!
Chocolate Strawberry Torte
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Chocolate Torte:
- 4 oz chocolate
- 8 oz butter
- ⅓ cups rum
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 9 tbsp cake flour
- 1 ⅓ cups ground almond
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 ⅔ cups heavy cream
- 2 oz butter
- Strawberry Glaze
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tsp water
- 12-14 fresh strawberries cleaned and hulled
- Chocolate Torte: Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Add 1/3 C rum. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in chocolate. Add flour and ground almonds. Fold all together. Beat egg whites with salt until stiff. Fold by thirds gently into the chocolate batter. Pour batter into greased and floured 12” spring form pan or 2- 6” spring form pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until done.
- Chocolate Ganache: Melt chocolate and cream. Stir in butter and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and blended. Allow torte to cool then remove from the pan. Glaze with chocolate ganache. Place in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Raspberry Glaze: Place raspberry jam and water in a glass measuring cup. Whisk until smooth and microwave briefly until jam liquefies. Use a small pastry brush to “paint” the glaze on to the chilled chocolate torte until smooth and shiny. Work quickly with a light touch and try not to brush over the same area more than once.
- Strawberries: Dip 1 dozen or more cleaned strawberries in your favorite melted chocolate glaze. Use a dab of chocolate on the flat surface of the strawberry to adhere it to the torte. I usually get 12 slices from this torte so I place 12 strawberries symmetrically around the perimeter so each slice will have a luscious chocolate dipped strawberry.
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Chèvre and Kalamata Olives is a delicious, light summertime salad. I love the thinly sliced...Read More
Casarecce is a type of pasta that's popular in Southern Italty. I added roasted cauliflower florets, anchovies, walnuts, lemon and...
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Chèvre and Kalamata Olives is a delicious, light summertime salad. I love the thinly sliced...
These peach mojitos are a delicious take on a classic mojito, a refreshing rum, fresh mint, and lime drink from...
Ground lamb inspired me to create Mediterranean inspired nachos, seasoned ground lamb,greek salad and tzatziki atop toasted pita chips.
These blueberry muffins are not overly sweet like some. They are light, not too dense, and overflowing with blueberry goodness!