Tabbouleh is a Mediterranean bulgur, cracked wheat, salad. In middle eastern countries it is more about the parsley than the bulgur wheat. Here we tend to use more of the grain when making the salad. Such a great salad for the summer to serve as a main course or as a side accompanied by hummus, falafel, and tzatziki.
Published on July 17, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 11/2 cups boiling water
- 11/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup or more, lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Combine bulgur wheat, boiling water and salt in a bowl. Cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Place wheat in a thin dishtowel or cheesecloth and squeeze all liquid out until dry.
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and mint and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. You can make this salad the day before if you prefer.
- Before serving add chopped green onions, tomatoes and parsley. Garnish with feta and black olives. Let it come to room temperature before serving to accentuate the flavors.
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min