The perfect afternoon snack. Guacamole with crudités, fresh raw vegetables, or corn tortilla chips. I like my guacamole chunky, and not fussy with too many extras. During a recent visit to Mexico, the guacamole seemed to be perpetually present which suited me just fine. Guacamole for breakfast with eggs and quinoa, guacamole for lunch in green salads, guacamole with fish tacos and guacamole with veggie quesadillas for an afternoon snack. In Tulum the chef served guacamole with sticks of fresh jicama and carrots lightly tossed with lime and pepper. Refreshing and simple. Keep your guacamole simple. You will love it.
Published on October 11, 2019 | By surleplat |
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- juice of one large lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro, stems and leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- Peel and seed the avocados, cut into large chunks and place in a bowl. Use a potato masher to gently mash the avocados making sure to leave it a little chunky.
- Stir in the minced onions, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- There are so many variations that you can add to give this basic recipe your own twist. You can add minced fresh jalapeño or Serrano chilis, chili powder, or a pinch of cayenne. A little Worcestershire sauce also serves as a flavor enhancer if you wish. There are endless possibilities once you have the basic ingredients. Some variations add mayonnaise or sour cream, but I prefer the low fat, real deal of 100% avocado.
- Serve immediately with fresh corn tortilla chips, or as a side with fish tacos or enchiladas. I also love a "green goddess" type of salad with guacamole stirred into fresh chopped greens for a creamy dreamy dressing.
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Appetizers, Breakfast & Brunch, Vegetable Dishes & Sides
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.