Love this Indian style curried cauliflower with cashews. It meets the requirements for vegetarian, gluten free and vegan diets. Your taste buds will pop with excitement when you taste this spicy, bursting with flavor, low calorie dish.
Cauliflower Cashew Curry
Published on January 24, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup of raw cashews, roasted
- 1 -15 oz can of lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 TBSP cumin seeds roasted and ground
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP curry
- salt, to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- Heat a skillet over medium to high heat. Roast raw cashews in the skillet until lightly browned. Remove.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. Toss cauliflower florets over medium heat until lightly brown. Add ginger and jalapeños and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk into the cauliflower mixture. Simmer for about 20 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Add ground cumin, coriander, curry, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into cauliflower and spice mixture and stir well to combine. Add roasted cashews. Continue to cook over low heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Adjust spices to your taste. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the cauliflower.