In another one of her collections of recipes, “The Enchanted Broccoli Forest,” Mollie Katzen shares more of her vegetarian recipes. This recipe for her blueberry muffins is one to keep and bake over and over. It will easily become a family favorite. These blueberry muffins are not overly sweet like so many of the breakfast muffins that we have become accustomed to in the coffee shops. They are light, not too dense, and overflowing with blueberry goodness! Check out my blueberry, almond and lemon cake for anther delicious blueberry breakfast/dessert.
Published on July 24, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 11/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease the muffin tin unless they are non stick.
- Sift together the first four dry ingredients, flour, baking power, baking soda and salt, in a medium sized bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients except for the blueberries. Pour this liquid mixture into the well with dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Slowly add blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups just to the rim.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins form the pan right away. Let hem cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Chèvre and Kalamata Olives is a delicious, light summertime salad. I love the thinly sliced...Read More