Here is another one of my quick, easy, no cook recipes. Except for the caramelized almonds if you choose to make those! Other than that, combine fresh salad greens with sliced strawberries and a creamy chèvre or salty feta and enjoy this springtime salad in a matter of minutes. Becky Bazile of Northshore Greens packages an amazing”gourmet blend” of organic greens for the Covington Farmer’s Market each week. She usually combines Bibb lettuce with sorrel and other salad greens and herbs such as fennel, salad burnet and cilantro flowers for a tantalizing blend of flavors. Faust Farms has some of the sweetest juiciest strawberries too!
Strawberry, Caramelized Almond, Chèvre and Mixed Green Salad
Published on April 13, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 cups of fresh mixed salad greens
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 4 oz of chevre, crumbled
- Caramelized almonds:
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 TBSP butter
- 6 TBSP sugar
- Make caramelized almonds: (You can substitute sliced toasted almonds if you prefer) Melt butter in a heavy skillet. Add sliced almonds and 4 TBSP of sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes until sugar is melted and beginning to brown. Remove from heat and stir in additional 2 TBSP of sugar. Stir until melted and well combined. Pour mixture onto a piece of foil or parchment and allow to cool. When cool, break into pieces. Store in a zip loc bag or a plastic container.
- Combine salad greens, strawberries and crumbled chèvre in a large bowl. I like to use my SLP citrus dressing that you can find on my website. This salad is also good with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette. Strawberries and balsamic compliment one another.
- Toss with dressing of your choice. Add caramelized or toasted almond slices. Serve immediately.
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Chèvre and Kalamata Olives is a delicious, light summertime salad. I love the thinly sliced...Read More