I think that I have finally outgrown baked sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping that is served at our family table every year for Thanksgiving. Although every holiday when the sweet potatoes with the melted and browned marshmallow topping comes out of the oven, I briefly salivate and want to at least swipe a dollop of the hot gooey marshmallows for a little taste. I am practicing great restraint this year. I have discovered another way to prepare sweet potatoes. These Indian spiced sweet potatoes enhance the natural sweetness of the potatoes by roasting them at a high heat with exotic spices allowing the potatoes to brown and crisp and caramelize naturally. I love them and find that they are the perfect compliment to a roasted turkey or other roasted meats.
Indian Spiced Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Published on November 24, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 TBSP ghee or butter
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP maple syrup, optional
- Heat the oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil.
- Melt the ghee or butter in a small saucepan. Add all spices. If you choose to add maple syrup you can combine it with melted ghee and spices.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes with the ghee/ butter mixture in a bowl making sure that all of the potato cubes are well coated with the mixture. Spread the potatoes in one layer on the covered sheet pan.
- Bake at 425 until slightly browned and tender. Stir and turn at least once or twice. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min