The azaleas and the wisteria are in bloom, strawberries are ripe, and the crawfish are in season in south Louisiana. Time to make a crawfish salad and sit on the back porch with friends for a quick and easy lunch.
Published on April 28, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- 1 lb cooked and pealed crawfish tails (can substitute boiled shrimp tails)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 chopped and 2 halved for garnish
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 6 green onions, green tops only, chopped
- 1 TBSP capers
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Creole mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 TBSP creole or Dijon mustard if you prefer
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cooked crawfish tails in a bowl. Add all chopped vegetables and seasonings. Chop one hard boiled egg and gently toss with crawfish salad mixture. Halve the other 2 eggs and reserve for a garnish. Slice the avocado and reserve.
- Creole mustard vinaigrette: Combine the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Season with slat and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the crawfish salad and toss gently. Line a platter with lettuce leaves, mound the crawfish salad in the center. Garnish with hard boiled egg halves and slices of avocado.
- Servings : 4-6
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Mains, Salads
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.