The azaleas and the wisteria are in bloom, strawberries are ripe, and the crawfish are in season in south Louisiana. Time to make a crawfish salad and sit on the back porch with friends for a quick and easy lunch.
Published on April 28, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- 1 lb cooked and pealed crawfish tails (can substitute boiled shrimp tails)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 chopped and 2 halved for garnish
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 6 green onions, green tops only, chopped
- 1 TBSP capers
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Creole mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 TBSP creole or Dijon mustard if you prefer
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cooked crawfish tails in a bowl. Add all chopped vegetables and seasonings. Chop one hard boiled egg and gently toss with crawfish salad mixture. Halve the other 2 eggs and reserve for a garnish. Slice the avocado and reserve.
- Creole mustard vinaigrette: Combine the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Season with slat and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the crawfish salad and toss gently. Line a platter with lettuce leaves, mound the crawfish salad in the center. Garnish with hard boiled egg halves and slices of avocado.
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min