These sweet and spicy pecans are great to have in your pantry for last minute snacks or to use in salads like my green salad with kumquats and citrus dressing. Great for happy hour with a fancy craft cocktail or a glass of wine.
Spicy and Sweet Pecans
Published on May 12, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 cups
- 4 cups of pecans
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the pecan halves in a single layer on a foil lined sheet pan. Roast for about 10 minutes until toasted. Watch them carefully and turn frequently with a spatula so they do not burn and cook evenly.
- Melt butter in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Add remainder of ingredients. Cook gently stirring constantly until the sugar has melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Lower oven to 325. Pour melted butter mixture over pecans and toss to coat them evenly. Place pan in oven and cook for 8-10 more minutes. Use a spatula to turn them and make sure that they cook evenly.
- Let the pecans cool on the pan then remove. These can be stored in an airtight container until needed.