If you have baked and eaten my Blueberry Almond Tart, here it is again, but this time with raspberry preserves and almond rather than fresh blueberries. This is one of the many variations that are available to you once you master the shortbread crust and the almond frangipane. This original recipe is from the “Greens” Cookbook.
Raspberry Almond Tart
Published on April 29, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- ½ cup almonds 2 TBSP flour pinch salt ½ tsp baking powder 2 eggs 3-4 TBSP jam 1 tsp vanilla ½ C pine nuts almond extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 TBSP raspberry jam, seedless if possible
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- Use a removable bottom fluted tart pan. Prepare the tart dough recipe in Sur le Plat Basics and prepare according to directions. Allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 375. Using a food processor, grind almonds, or if you have almond meal, place in food processor. Add sugar, salt, eggs, a touch of almond extract and vanilla and process until blended.
- Then add butter, flour and baking powder and process to a smooth butter. Spread jam, I prefer raspberry, over a partially baked tart shell. Cover with the frangipane, making sure that paste fills entire tart and covers jam. Sprinkle pine nuts over top of tart, place in oven, and bake until firm and lightly browned for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, remove from tart pan and dust with sifted powdered sugar.