Mosca’s, an unpretentious New Orleans institution since 1946, is a Louisiana Creole Italian restaurant in a remote area of the city. Mosca’s offers an adventure in eating and is not for the feint of heart or for those that may require gluten free or fat free diets. Robust Italian flavors permeate the oysters and shrimp Mosca, the chicken a la Grande and the marinated crabs. This recipe is my family’s adaptation and interpretation of the garlicky baked oyster dish. Jane and Michael Stern, in their book,”Roadfood,” described oysters Mosca as a “festival of garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.” We love to serve Oysters Mosca as a side with turkey or roasted pork on Thanksgiving. Get festive and bake some oysters Mosca style.
Published on November 25, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen oysters, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 TBSP butter
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ cup olive oil plus 1 TBSP
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- ¼-1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Sauté onions, garlic and parsley in butter and 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add herbs and spices and other ingredients.
- Add drained oysters and mix well. Place in baking dish. Mix breadcrumbs and cheese together in small bowl and sprinkle on top of oyster mixture. Make sure that all of the oysters are well covered with the breadcrumb cheese mixture. Use more if needed and sprinkle liberally over the top. Drizzle with reaming tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy the festival!
- Servings : 4-6
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Appetizers, Mains
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Sesame Ginger Miso Veggie Bowl
Sesame ginger miso veggie bowl or any kind of bowl with a mixture of fresh ingredients allows for flexibility and...Read More
Comments are closed.