I give full credit to Lora Brody for these brownies from her book, “Growing Up On the Chocolate Diet,” which sums up how I want to eat every day. Another addition to my endless repertoire of brownies, one of my favorite desserts, breakfast foods, and mid afternoon snacks! Chocolate anytime makes me happy.
Mom’s Favorite Brownies
Published on March 28, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate cut into small pieces
- 1 cup, 2 sticks butter cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted before measuring
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, lightly roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 13X9” baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan or melt in a glass bowl in a microwave. Cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, both sugars and vanilla on high speed for 10 minutes.Make sure that the mixture is thick and pale and forms a ribbon. Fold in cooled chocolate/butter mixture and stir until well combined. Add dry flour/cocoa mixture and stir until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Fold in chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake for 30-40 minutes, taking care not to over bake. Cool in pan before cutting. Makes 24-32 brownies. Sometimes I serve these with vanilla ice cream and my special chocolate almond sauce. More is better.
- Servings : 24-32
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Sweets
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.