Chocolate heaven! My neighbor, Carol, gifted me with these cookies many years ago when I first moved into our neighborhood. It was love at first bite. These cookies freeze well and are a great one bite remedy for your chocolate cravings.
Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies
Published on September 30, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, about 9 oz, divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cover two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about two minutes. Cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream.
- Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend (I sift the powdered sugar and cocoa first). On low speed, beat dry ingredients into the meringue. Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. (dough will become very stiff)
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tbsp dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared cookie sheet, placing dough 2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes. Transfer to rack, cool
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Sweets
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Sesame Ginger Miso Veggie Bowl
Sesame ginger miso veggie bowl or any kind of bowl with a mixture of fresh ingredients allows for flexibility and...Read More
Comments are closed.