Simple yet satisfying with hints of roasted pecans and plump red grapes. Easy to prepare and you will have fresh chicken stock to make some soup later in the week.
Jan’s Creole Chicken Salad
Published on March 23, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup of halved red grapes
- 1/2 cup of roasted pecan pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Place the whole chicken in a stock pot as if making chicken stock. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, thyme, garlic and parsley. Cover the chicken with water and cook for 50-60 minutes. Remove from the pot and allow to cool. Strain the veggies from the stock and freeze the stock in a couple of containers for a later date.
- Debone the chicken. Chop chicken pieces into bite sized chunks. Place chicken in a serving bowl.
- Add sliced green onions, halved grapes and roasted pecan pieces.
- Make the dressing. Put mayo in a small mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, whisking to combine well. Add salt and Creole seasoning. Then, while whisking, add olive oil to the dressing until it is completely incorporated.
- Toss the chicken and other ingredients gently until well combined and coated with the dressing.
- Serve on a bed of fresh greens.