This crawfish bread is a crowd favorite! It’s coming to the end of the season, Louisiana crawfish season. However, as one season ends another begins. Now we can anticipate the arrival of shrimp and blue crabs, speckled trout and redfish, tomatoes, and summer squash, eggplants, field peas, and okra, peaches, and blueberries during these warm humid summer days. So here it is, the grand finale, crawfish bread for that last bag of peeled crawfish tails or those leftover tails from your final crawfish boil! Don’t forget to check out my other crawfish recipes like crawfish pies and boiled crawfish!
Published on May 8, 2021 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 TBSP mayo
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tabasco or hot sauce of your choice
- 1 TBSP chopped green onions
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp thyme
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound crawfish tails, half finely chopped and half of the tails leave whole
- 1-18" loaf French bread cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combine garlic, butter, grated cheese, mayo, lemon juice, Tabasco, and Worcestershire, until smooth. Add onions, parsley, thyme. Pulse until blended. Transfer to bowl. Fold in chopped and whole crawfish tails. Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the french bread. I usually cut the french bread lengthwise and then in half so that I have 4 pieces of equal length. I can usually fit all four pieces on a sheet pan. Spread a thick layer of the crawfish mixture on french bread. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned. Then cut the bread into 1-1 1/2" slices and serve immediately.
- This crawfish bread is a great "do-ahead" appetizer. I usually make it a day or two ahead and then just freeze the french bread with the crawfish filling on the sheet pan. Let it thaw out for about 1 hour before placing in the oven. If it's still frozen, that's OK, it will just have to bake a little longer according to directions above. Needs to be hot and lightly browned.
- Servings : Serves 15 people as an appetizer
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Appetizers
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Sesame Ginger Miso Veggie Bowl
Sesame ginger miso veggie bowl or any kind of bowl with a mixture of fresh ingredients allows for flexibility and...Read More
Comments are closed.