I can eat these tender shortbread cookies by the dozens. I’m not sure if it’s the light airy texture, the puff of powdered sugar or the combination of roasted pecans and butter that entice me into feeling helpless and out of control. Go ahead, indulge yourself and make a batch of these buttery shortbread treats. They are fabulous for holiday gift giving too!
Published on October 19, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, (2 sticks)
- 1 cup roasted and chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream sugar and butter with a hand held mixer. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar.
- Mix well and then add roasted chopped pecans and vanilla.
- Form into balls and place on lightly oiled baking sheet. Flatten gently and then shape into a crescent.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, Let cool and then roll each one in powdered sugar.