Hot or cold, this carrot and ginger soup garnished with toasted coconut can be served as a hearty appetizer or a light lunch or dinner.
Carrot and Ginger Soup
Published on April 17, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 lbs of carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups of stock or water
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP butter or ghee
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP honey
- Put the the stock or water in a pot, add the carrots and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes until carrots are soft and pierced easily with a sharp knife.
- Gently sauté the onions and garlic in butter or ghee until translucent.
- Place cooked carrots, stock and cooked onion mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add spices. Whisk in one cup of plain Greek yogurt and honey.
- Can reheat and serve as a hot soup or chill and serve cold. I like to garnish the soup with toasted coconut flakes.
- Servings : 6
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Appetizers, Soups
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.