Hot or cold, this carrot and ginger soup garnished with toasted coconut can be served as a hearty appetizer or a light lunch or dinner.
Carrot and Ginger Soup
Published on April 17, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 lbs of carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups of stock or water
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP butter or ghee
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP honey
- Put the the stock or water in a pot, add the carrots and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes until carrots are soft and pierced easily with a sharp knife.
- Gently sauté the onions and garlic in butter or ghee until translucent.
- Place cooked carrots, stock and cooked onion mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add spices. Whisk in one cup of plain Greek yogurt and honey.
- Can reheat and serve as a hot soup or chill and serve cold. I like to garnish the soup with toasted coconut flakes.
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Chèvre and Kalamata Olives is a delicious, light summertime salad. I love the thinly sliced...Read More