Strawberry lemonade makes me think of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. I am always searching for cool liquids to re-hydrate and lower my body temperature as the heat rises at the festival grounds. This lemonade has a little twist. Basil and fresh strawberries are combined and pureed and added to fresh squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup. Maybe you could also add a little of your favorite vodka or a splash of Prosecco to sparkle it up for a special occasion.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Published on April 12, 2019 | By surleplat |
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20 medium basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Make a simple syrup. Put the sugar in a heatproof bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water over it. Stir to dissolve and let cool.
- Combine the strawberries with the basil and 1/4 cup of the sugar syrup in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- To make the lemonade, fill a glass with ice and add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the strawberry basil puree, 1/2 cup cold water, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, depending on how sweet you like it. Stir well and serve right away! Garnish with a sprig of basil or mint.
- Servings : 8-10 glasses
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Drinks
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.