These heart shaped chocolate cakes are the perfect sweet for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. When garnished with roasted pecans, or even better, chocolate dipped strawberries, you will be sure to win your chocolate lover’s heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Published on February 9, 2020 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 oz pecans, roasted
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 oz butter
- 6 oz chocolate
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP rum
- Chocolate glaze:
- 8 oz chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare an 8" heart shaped pan. Butter and then lightly flour the pan. Grind the roasted pecans. Add flour to the ground nut mixture.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy bottom pot and stir in water. Remove pot from heat. Stir in sugars and continue stirring until well combined and dissolved. Let cool. Pour chocolate/sugar mixture in a bowl. When cool, stir in egg yolks and rum.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tsp sugar until peaks form. Fold the stiff egg whites gently into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350.
- While the cake is baking make the chocolate glaze. Place the chocolate and cream in a heavy small pot over a low heat. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted and glaze is smooth. Allow glaze to cool.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool in the pan. Unmold from heart shaped pan and place on platter or cake plate. Using a cake spatula, glaze the cake with the chocolate. I like to garnish this cake with either roasted pecan pieces or halves or chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Servings : 8
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Sweets
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Sesame Ginger Miso Veggie Bowl
Sesame ginger miso veggie bowl or any kind of bowl with a mixture of fresh ingredients allows for flexibility and...Read More
Comments are closed.