Coffee Rani is a charming neighborhood cafe in Covington and Mandeville Louisiana. They are known throughout the region for their fresh healthy oversized salads, sandwiches, coffees, teas, and of course, desserts. Many years ago, I was invited by Ann Jemison and Angele Darling, the Coffee Rani “sisters,” to bake some of the desserts for Coffee Rani. This recipe is the result of a successful collaboration and was the signature dessert, the Coffee Rani brownie. It is a perfectly balanced chocolate confection with brown and white sugar and semisweet chocolate resulting in a rich chewy, soft, brownie with a crackly exterior. TIP: They are really good when they are warm, just out of the oven.
Coffee Rani Brownies
Published on August 29, 2019 | By surleplat |
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 oz butter
- 2 TBSP espresso
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup chopped nuts, preferably walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 325. Melt chocolate, butter, and coffee together. You can melt the chocolate either in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave or in a heavy bottom pot over low heat. Stir constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat brown and white sugars, eggs and salt until mixture forms a ribbon. Stir flour and cocoa together in a separate bowl.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to beaten egg mixture. Add flour/cocoa mixture and beat all until just combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Butter and flour a 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake brownie mixture at 325 for 25 - 30 minutes until brownies are just set and begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before cutting.
- Recipe Type : All Recipes, Sweets
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min
Crawfish bisque is typically a treasured passed down family recipe. The aromatic roux based bisque with spicy crawfish stuffed heads...Read More
Creole Remoulade Sauce
My family has passed down this recipe for spicy New Orleans style Creole remoulade sauce for generations. I serve it...Read More
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita
This sweet and spicy margarita is perfect for a warm spring evening or a hot summer night. Cinco de Mayo...Read More
Comments are closed.