This soup is one of my signature recipes and is known among my friends lovingly as “Powerful Healing Cauliflower Soup.” Many of my family and friends have been the grateful recipients of a pot of this creamy healing cruciferous vegetable soup overflowing with vitamins, minerals and anti inflammatory goodness. This soup never fails to bring comfort, a satisfied belly, and hopefully healing to whomever is lucky enough to receive it.
Published on November 4, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 TBSP butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup flour (optional if you want gluten free)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 TBSP parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 green onions chopped, only the green part
- ¼ - ½ cup heavy cream (optional)
- Melt butter in a heavy soup pot. Sauté onions, carrot, and celery until wilted and soft. Sprinkle with ¼ cup flour and stir until combined and well cooked. Slowly whisk in hot chicken stock.
- Add cauliflower florets, parsley, salt and pepper, cayenne, and thyme and bring to boil. Cook rapidly for 5-6 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender. Depending on the cauliflower and size of the florets this may take anywhere form 20minutes to 40 minutes.
- Either mash softened cauliflower with a spoon until creamy or remove cauliflower from the broth and puree in food processor or blender until creamy. Add pureed cauliflower back to broth in pot. Simmer.
- Slowly whisk in cream (optional) and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Servings : 8 servings of bisque with 6-8 stuffed heads/person. Extra stuffed heads can be frozen.
- Cook Time : 120 Min