Is the quest for the perfectly spiced and balanced Bloody Mary ever complete? I have spent many hours exploring local New Orleans bars searching for THE Bloody Mary. Here is my recipe for a spicy Cajun style Bloody Mary with lots of horseradish, lemon and cajun seasoning. You can cut this recipe in half or make the whole recipe and keep it in your fridge for virgin Mary’s, a spicy non alcoholic cocktail that’s good anytime.
Cajun Bloody Mary’s
Published on July 25, 2019 | By surleplat |
- Prep Time
- 2 cans V-8 juice
- 5 1/2 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 TBSP salt
- 3 TBSP black pepper
- juice of 3-4 lemons
- 5 oz horseradish or more if you like
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- This makes a lot…you can cut it in half if you want. Or make a large batch and keep them in your fridge for a spicy virgin Mary pick me up in the morning!
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well. Keep a spoon in the pitcher when serving so the mixture can be stirred before pouring each drink.
- Mix and pour Bloody Mary mix in a tall glass filled with ice. Add 1.5 - 2 oz of vodka. Stir. Garnish with celery, pickled okra, pickled string beans, olives and lime or lemon slice. Drink your vegetables. Cheers!